Friday, October 05, 2007

Scalper's Delight Indeed

Turned out University of the East isn't unbeatable after all. It was a heartbreaking loss yesterday for the UE Warriors when De La Salle University ended their 14-0 winning streak. UE lost by 1 point. One.


The thing with DLSU is, they win when it matters most. I hope that they'd finish UE come Sunday because I'm losing patience everytime I had to look for damn tickets. Everytime I thought I was early, I thought wrong. I mean, I think people start to line up as early as 5am and by releasing time, the line is several kilometers long. I am not that patient. I start to look for scalpers who wouldn't try to sell me tickets 10x its price. During the ADMU-DLSU game last week, my boss had no choice but to pay P700 for an upper B ticket. At first the scalper priced it at P1,500. I almost dropped dead. I was so tempted to sell my ticket, too. But it's fun watching the games live, damn it. The scalper looked like a DLSU student. Maybe he thought Levi (my boss) was from the Ateneo because he was wearing his blue cap and he wasn't wearing anything green.


P1,500 for a P70 ticket. Fran-frickin-tastic.

No comments: